Site Overlay

What You Should Do

Call us first and let us know the situation. Below are some tips as to what you can do before we arrive to stay safe and improve the quality of disinfection.

“Normal” Virus and bacterial contamination: Level 1 and 2:

If you believe your facility is regularly exposed to germs we recommend Level 1 or 2 service. For this level we recommend you do the following before we arrive:

Declutter: Cleaning vs. Disinfection: FOR NORMAL FLU AND COLD SEASON ONLY: It’s recommended you declutter before the disinfection service. According to the CDC regular office cleaning does not always disinfect, or kill germs, but it helps make disinfection much more effective. Disinfection, whether wet or dry, will kill germs on the surface only. Soft surfaces like fabrics can be penetrated by wet disinfectants to some degree but results are less effective than treatment of hard surfaces.

Schedule a time for us when no-one will be there. After hours or weekends are typical. Our treatments are harmful to the lungs and eyes at the time of treatment, and then after 10 minutes to 1 hour our solutions naturally break down to harmless table salt.

LEVEL 3: Potentially deadly outbreak: Virus and Bacterial contamination

  • If you know or think its a highly probable that a person infected with a dangerous strain has used your facility we may perform a Level 3 decontamination
  • Evacuate the building. We do not decontaminate people, let first responders to that, and we come in after to decontaminate objects.
  • HVAC systems may circulate airborne viruses and bacteria into more rooms than the known infected room, so you may need to evacuate the entire building.
  • Do not take laptops, tools and other objects from the contaminated zone, we will perform disinfection of those items. Not all disinfectants can kill viruses, bacteria and mold. Some infectious particles are hard to kill and require special solutions that we have.

Mold and Fungus:

  • Some types of mold attack your brain, and spores are airborne.

    If you discover mold in an area which was wet at one time or still is moist do not attempt to remove the mold, the spores are airborne and can make you sick, with some strains causing permanent brain damage.

  • Mold spores stick to your clothes and shoes, if you touched the mold, leave those items behind in the contaminated zone.
  • Some molds attack your brain, do not attempt to treat it without the right gear and masks. Cheap masks do nothing.
  • Do not disturb the mold affected area as airflow moves the spores around the house. Turn off your HVAC system if you can to stop the spread of spores around your home or office.

Recommended reading: Useful links >

NEXT: Contact us >